Who is a tutor?
A tutor is a teacher who teach a student or small group of students either as a means of earning or passion. There are many ways to earn money as a tutor and this article will explain in details how to make money as a tutor. Alot of money is in teaching than you see or expect but it require a little strategy to decipher how to make the money, tutoring is more than going to a school or a lesson to teach although they are part of the way you make money as a tutor that we will talk about in this article.
Different type of tutors.
There are different level you can take tutorial to either online or offline, you don’t have to be educated or perfect in a particular subject before you can start one all you need is a skill to teach people.
- Extra lesson tutorial or tutorial lessons: I called it extra lesson or tutorial lesson because of how most people called and identify it, this is done by gathering some student in a room or building after school closing hours to re-treat the whole syllabus used in school with proper explanation and makes the students read and study ahead of the class. You can find one nearby you and apply to teach a particular subject.
- Online coaching: maybe you have no tutorial center nearby or there are some reasons you don’t want totutor under someone , relax ,there is another way out, why don’t you start your own it’s very easy and simple all you need is your smart phone or laptop, if you have something useful for people, they will surely ask for it and also pay for it.
- Home coaching or lesson: you can find students whose their parent or them don’t want them out and also want them to have coaching advantage, therefore you will be going to their various to teach them base on your agreed time.
How to make tutoring grow and attract more people
As a tutor you need to have a little understand of psychology not to teach people but to use it for them, you need to know when to play with your students and when to be harsh with them for proper understanding and seriousness.
People do say first impression last longer, so during your first session with them you must make sure they like you and want you to come for them another day, with this they will there parent how much they like you and you will be retain to teach there children and also from there they can also recommend you to other parent.
All you have to do is make your first impression with the students excellent and also have a good interaction and relationship with their guidians or parent.Also ensure you deliver the services they are paying for good and excellently, because, people will leave if they are not seeing what they are paying for as expected by them.
Read also on How to start and manage a drop shipping business
WHAT TO TUTOR?
The most popular type of tutor is for students going to school, whereby you teach them subjects been taught in school but if you are not a learned person you can also be a tutor, the list below explain what you can be teaching as a tutor;
- If you have knowledge about something very crucial and you know in full details it importance to others who know nothing about it, you can be their tutor and start teaching them and explaining things to them.
- If you have a skill or skill that can be of importance to other and you are ready to let others benefit from it you can also start one either online or offline.
Also if you discover or find a solution to any problem in the society you can also start teaching others for the benefit of the society and also earn your income from it.
Challenges that can come up
There are few problems that can be encounter as a tutor and those problem are how to keep your students with you which have explain earlier about letting the first impression last long make sure you keep a good teacher – student relationship so as to let them enjoy their moment with you.Also make sure you always deliver the service they are paying for excellently to them and always be ready and eager to deliver the service to them.
Check out tutorial job availability here